The Earth Movers Forum
August 09, 2022, 03:14:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: forum closed.

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any big scraper jobs in socal I can visit  (Read 754 times)
Ausphil

« on: May 30, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »

Hey guys.

Phil from OZ here. Nearing the end of a 2 month visit to USA doing all the equipment field days and shows all over the country, visiting from OZ. Got 4-5 days to kill in Socal after attending Best of The West in Santa Margarita up near Paso Robles. Was wondering if there are any big fleet scraper jobs around the area say South-east-west of say Fresno/Bakersfield southwards.

Cheers

Phil

squid_wood777

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »

Thats it Phil,if your there you couldnt leave without spotting a big fleet.Its a shame you wont be listening to 3412s and 3408s but i reckon you,ll soon forget that and feast your eyes.
Ausphil

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:12 PM »

Thats it Phil,if your there you couldnt leave without spotting a big fleet.Its a shame you wont be listening to 3412s and 3408s but i reckon you,ll soon forget that and feast your eyes.

Shows been and gone. Wondering if there's anything along the way like the big scraper fleet jobs we see on socal EM over next 4-5 days.

cheers
Stan08
Advanced Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »

PM Kenny, he knows where most outfits are currently working.

Peed is just south of Corona in Temescal Canyon on JMIs job
Ausphil

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:18:53 PM »

PM Kenny, he knows where most outfits are currently working.

Peed is just south of Corona in Temescal Canyon on JMIs job

Thanks Stan. Got distracted for the afternoon watchin the big iron climb the grade at Swarthout Canyon on Cajun Pass off the I-15 today on way down from the tractor show at Paso and ended up at Sanber o/n. (spectacular sight watching 6 x 4400hp locos up front and another 2 x 4400hp in rear climbing the grade on full throttle at jogging pace.)

I'm close by at Sanber so I'll take drive down there tomo and see if any action visible from highway. 

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: