The Earth Movers Forum
December 01, 2022, 07:14:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: forum closed.

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abigroup / Abignano  (Read 1312 times)
MRC

« on: March 12, 2016, 11:15:19 PM »

Hi,

I thought I'd share this old Abignano advertisement I found as there is a bit of interest with these now gone construction companies from Oz.

The ad was from the early 1970s's.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Deas Plant
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 11:59:27 PM »

Hi, MRC.
               Thanks for sharing. Brings back a FEW memories. I worked for them - briefly, like 6 weeks - in early 1972, in the Eastern Suburbs Railway Tunnels in Sydney. I guess I musta blotted my copybook there 'cos I could never get another start with them - - - not that that cost me a lot of sleep. I left them 'cos they were TELLING us to make dust mask filters do two shifts and we were pulling that Sydney sandstone dust through them in one shift. I reckoned my health was worth more to me than that job.

Just my 0.02.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.
squid_wood777

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:57:53 AM »

Gday Deas,ive noticed "lend lease"as their called now have scored a few road jobs over here in the last few years.Shame they suffered the same fate as Leightons and where re branded with a s/%t name.Whats the matter with these mobs lend lease sounds like a bank which i know it is sort of,why not at least make them sound like a earthmoving contractor ...When i was in Kambalda in the mid 80,s Abigano,s tried to get a foot in but only done one pit as far as i know and then went back east.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: