The Earth Movers Forum
August 09, 2022, 04:42:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: forum closed.
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Must see old McCoy so cal equipment hauling  (Read 3913 times)
qball

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 08:50:11 AM »

You'd think it would be cheaper and easier to split the pan from the tractor....
Safety boys would have a stroke at some of this.
Stan08
Advanced Member

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 09:20:21 PM »

You'd think it would be cheaper and easier to split the pan from the tractor....
Safety boys would have a stroke at some of this.

Cheaper NOPE, splitting 1 load into 2 would more than double the transport cost; requires 1 more truck, trailer and 2 more pilot cars and permits
Easier to Split Pan NO, separating Cat Tractor from Cat Scraper is not easier, exposes the guys to additional job hazards, requires crane or jacking-cribbing to split and requires handling oil from the disconnected hydraulic lines. 

Safety boys: Commercial CHP / Cal Trans were on-site observing
Deas Plant
Gold Member

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 07:22:03 AM »

Hi, Stan08.
               Re your third post on page 1 - We have bridging load laws DowNunder too. Just what they are, I have no idea 'cos me and trucks have a mutual agreement - we stay away from each other 'cos they go out on the street and play with idiot motorists. What I do know is that it is a WHOLE LOTTTT easier to load a 660 or 666 on one of our platforms than it is on a normal low bed trailer and basket.

IMHO, Californication's transport and CARB laws are not doing anybody any good in that state. I also think that single drive tractors pulling multiple trailers limited to 80,000# would be doing more damage to the roads than tandem drive rigs pulling tri-axle trailers with up to 100,000# or more.

But what would a 'pore, dumb bulldozer operator' know, especially one who doesn't do trucks?

Just my 0.02

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: